cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of Web applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the purpose of the web based applications.

Accessing the information thorugh browser is the only advantage? I understand this is neccessary in case you are letting your aplication made accessible via Internet.

But what is the real great difference in the Intranet, are there any chalenges in accessing the Application via SAP GUI other than change in the user interface?

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question .

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first i explain the need of arising new cutting edge technology web AS (web application server).before netweaver, they use sap only for reporting the result ,creating new transaction,print work etc...then they use j2ee or .net for their

web sites.so they need too many technology for different operations.for that sap is extended.so that they can use sap even for web site designing.

web AS is the area where the code is processed.u can write code with help of webdynpro java or webdynpro abap.in web AS it has 2 engine one is java and other is abap engine.with help of webdynpro abap u can design the UI elements.then system will automatically generate code.so u can develope a web site with megre or less effort .these code is developed by the engine.for example if u drag a button and drop it in the layout , auto code is generated for that buttton.

sap is extended with java2ee and .net.all the merits available with java is deliberated to sap.

Answers (0)