cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wht is ECR and ECO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Im new to Document Management System(DMS) used in SAP - PLM. I have a doubt on how ECR is created, When ECO is created/triggered from ECR.

How ECR is related to BOM, customer etc..

Can u ppl suggest me the flow of process between BOM, ECR and ECO. which make me a jump start to study DMS-PLM easily.

All ur valuable suggestions are welcome....

Thanks,

James...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my simple understanding:

ECR - engineering change request

ECO - engineering change order

An ECR is created. It will include the relevant materials, boms, documents etc that have to be changed. If the ECR is approved, it is changed to an ECO.

A document type can be specified to include a CM (change master) to be released. The whole ECO cannot be released until all documents have been released as well.

Please reward if the answer is found useful.

Espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Espen for ur reply.

I have some more doubts about ECO.

1. U said once the ECR is approved , ECO will be created. How this happens? Is it will be created in background.

2. Generally for changing material data we can use mm02 transaction and change in it. it is not asking for ECR. So kindly give me an example in which scenario ECR is used to change the material data?

Thanks,

James...

I will reward u for ur answer.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ECO can be created manualy and also automatic.These ECO's canbe generated from legacy systems also and interfaced to SAP. In SAP u can create these change numbers through "CC01" create ur own change number and give some validity date to the same.Click on the tab"object types" and check for say material master and BOM document etc.

To assign the objects to a change number or order :

1) Go into "mm02" with the change number ( U can c change number block ) so the changes made to the material will be recorded under this change number.

Example : In an hitech industry the material component parts keeps on changing as per the customer requirement.This will be basically in assembly processing scenario.

So in these kind of industries the material changes ( recorded in revision level ) and the BOM changes canbe controlled via change numbers.The new BOM's ( supposed to be used in future ) can be set to future date using change numbers validity date.

It helps in data management and change management.

Similarly for DMS the document versions can be maintained thru change orders.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply Mr.Prakash..

Answers (0)