cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMC could not create the snap-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP i have installed SAP 4.7 EE 2.00,previous to this installation the system is installed with SAP EP 7.0 and i un-installed and then installed 4.7 successfully,but i am having a problem with MMC, when i double click the SAP MMC it gives me a message

MMC could not create the snap-in.The snap-in might not have been installed correctly

CLSID:{633547EE-A302-11D1-AE59-080009B07DBB}

but the SAP server 4.7EE is running fine,so could any SAP experts give me the appropriate solution.

Points will be definitely rewarded for the correct solution.

waiting for the reply.

regards

Ken George.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Hope you all doing well.

Regarding the MMC could not create the snap-in is solved , what i have did is i just downloaded the new sapmmc_3-20000961.SAR from service.sap.com and then un-sar that sapmmc_3-20000961.SAR file then it generated the sapevents.dll,sapmmc.dll.

An i copied these files in windows\system32.

so know its working

regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

Please check the availability of librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll in c:\windows\system32

If it is not there please download it from service market place or copy from some other server and register it using regsvr32.

Regards,

Arun

Ps:Reward points are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl try this

Open a command prompt, switch to you SYSTEM32 directory (for example, C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32) and execute the following command:

REGSVR32 SAPMMC.DLL

If additional DLLs with the name template SAPMMC* (for example, SAPMMCMS.DLL) are found in the SYSTEM32 directory, then register these also, for example, "REGSVR32 SAPMMCMS.DLL".

This is an extract from Note 354595 - Error message: Snap-in failed to initialize.

Pl award suitably if resolved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas Pattnaik

Hope you doing well.

Thanks for quick response.

When i executed the command REGSVR32 SAPMMC.DLL its giving me the error message as

LoadLibrary("SAPMMC.DLL")failed-The specified procedure could not be found.

regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If "regsvr32 %windir%\system32\sapmmc.dll" fails one of the DLLs

sappmc.dll depends on is missing (e.g. in %windir%\system32 msvcr71.dll,

msvcp71.dll, libsapu16vc71.dll, icu*.dll, librfc32u.dll). Most likely this is a installation error.

Check if you have all the dll's.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ajai kumar B

Hope you doing well.

Thanks for quick response.

I have checked all the .Dll files in %windir%\system32 its available in the mentioned directory.

Regarding the Installation its was successfull.

But no luck till know.

regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While replacing the said files a lot of caution has to be taken. So before proceeding Pl refer Note 336693 - Replacing the librfc32.dll on a Win 32 Platform and proceed accordingly . Otherwise an improper replacement may cause runtime errors like RFCTYPE_UNKNOWN_HANDLE or RSTG_FREE_ILLEGAL_ADDRESS or RFC_NOT_INIT,etc.

Regards