cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Bank I view problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to change name of view and New bank buttons in ess/bank iview.

I didn't find the view which got these buttons. I even checked in used dc like ess/pss but this dc got previous and next button which are common for all applications. But my problem is to change view and New bank buttons. Can anyone tell me from where these button are coming.

Thanks

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

The overview screen with the BizCards and buttons is generated by a java class.

You can replace the java class and create your own functionality and then use it within wdDoModifyView of the overview view.

Look at the import statements of the overview view to see where the java class is located e.g. import com.sap.xss.per.helpers.OverviewHelper;

You can copy that java class to your own project and using the navigator view of the WD prospective you expand src->packages->com....down to folders of the actual sevrvice where you will find cc, fc, vc folders..Place the class in the helpers folder or create the helpers folder if it does not exist. Then change the class and and the import statement to reference the class in the helpers folder.

Hope that helps,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thanx for the reply, I tried in your way, i tried to edit the bizcard related java files but I didn't see any code related those button. One more thing is we can change the name in portal itself by editing the prop of that button. but I am not sure like we can transport this using epa or not? if not how to transport it , I want to avoid using sdm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

In the CreateOverview method of class: OverviewHelper you will find the following code for the buttons:

//Create Edit Button -

IWDButton editButton = (IWDButton) view.createElement(

IWDButton.class,

"editButton_" + i);

editButton.setText(view.getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("Edit"));

You will also find the code to create Delete button and also to create new button.

If you look at the code then you will see that the label for the button is provided via message pool entries available in the provided view.

If all you want is to change the text of the button then you can simply change the text in the message pool.

In release ECC5.0/Netweaver 2004 you have to change the button name in the DC. In the latest release you might be able to use portal personalization to change the button label but I am not sure.

If you change the DC then you have use NWDI to move the transports along.

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

My client is using NetWeaver2004s and I changed text in message pool, and also changed the code in helper class to editButton.setText("Display") but my changes are not reflecting. If I make changes through content admin its working but only for users under me. Not for all. Do you have any idea about this.

Regards

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Adding to problem with bank Iview, actually changes made in code are working fine.But I am facing strange problem.My client is in 2004s, we are using ABAP as user data storage and exporting roles from ABAP system to portal.

Initially I edited the button label using portal content admin role, changes are reflecting to some user and some user wont see changes. So what I thought if i make changes in WebDynpro Dc it will work for all users but this change is reflecting to user who are not able see changes through content admin. Users which are able to see changes through content admin are not able to see changes from NWDS. Any ideas...

Thanks

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

You can dynamically create button and place it into the iView.

As you are not finding the buttons are not placed into the iView.

That means its created using code.

There is IWDButton Webdynpro Button API (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/832cf3cd35004aa4ea8a2378c8a2be/frameset.htm">Click</a> for details)