cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fox code to Compare before and after value entered the IP layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

i want to accomplish a business rule in FOX , while entering data into the layout , the calculation logic has to be executed differently with changes happens to different keyfigure.

How do i capture the changes happened to a particular keyfigure in FOX , so as to execute a set of fox calculation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raji,

Not sure whether completely understood your reqirement but if it just applying different rules to diff keyfigures then either you can create different parameter groups attached to a function with different key figures as conditions..or you can create diff. planning level (aggregation lvl) with the required key figures and then attach the required functions.

You can also bundle all the above planning levels, functions in a planning sequence which can be triggered each time you enter the numbers in the layout.

Cheers,

SK

• pls assign reward points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to explain ,

there are 2 key fig , Quantity, Sales and Price , they are related to each other , while price changes Sales amount changes with the shown quantity , likewise quantity will get changed while changing amount , amount get changed while changing both quantity and price, etc .

so challenges 1) they are related 2) Circular reference to be established.

So, FOX has to recognize which keyfig got changed to trigger a set of logic , any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If changing the two KFs are two separate activites (ie, not done concurrently which I think should be the case), then you can create two separate FOX functions (1 for each logic) and put each behind a separate button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mayang,

User want to to trigger only one button , can we trace which keyfig has changed in the buffer to execute the logic in Fox?

Answers (0)