cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting the MESSAGE_ID ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have defined a UDF using the following code and when i map the target element to this UDF i get a yellow colour and when i activate it says mapping is insufficient.

String constant;

java.util.Map map;

map = container.getTransformationParameters();

constant = (String) map.get(StreamTransformationConstants.MESSAGE_ID);

return constant;

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

Go to your UDF and remove all the parameters. I guess you have 1 input parameter, thats y u are getting this. Try this and let me know.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

I have created a UDF with selecting with cache as value and a single argument. what do you mean by remove all parameters.

can you explain me in brief, any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>and a single argument

you wont have any agrument in this,it will have no input but 1 output,its a generating UDF

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

Why you need single argument? Are u getting any input for this UDF from the source?

If you are not getting any input for the UDF then remove the single argument.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the suggestions, i removed the argument and now it has resolved the issue. Thanks for the inputs and i appreciate your quick replies and advice

Thanks,

Raj

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

No Probes. But don't try to execute the mapping , I think it will throw some exception, since these values[message id] are populated in runtime.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

Thanks for the input and i have also gone through the webblog by Michael and now i understood that these parameters are taken during the run time only.

Thanks,

Raj

Answers (0)