Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC_E_SERVERFAULT

a_grootens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. We're developing an add-on which generates the following error:

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)

The add-on calculates (UDF1 * UDF2) and puts the result in a UDF on rowlevel. When entering a value in the row the error appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error. It started back on the 2004 release. I found that when setting UDFs this error would occur. Even attempting to loop through all of a document's UDFs would raise the error. After speaking to support the solution was to delete the SM_OBS_DLL directory in the %temp% folder.

I encountered the same error again this week. I'm trying to set the UDF values through a service. In doing so I get Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT) at SAPbobsCOM.IField.set_Value(Object pVal). If I run the exact same code through a desktop application then it works.

The service is running under an the same administrator account as the desktop application.

SBO 2005 SP1 is installed on the system and connecting to a seperate DB server (MSSQL 2000), both Win2003.

I cannot find the SM_OBS_DLL directory anywhere on the server that has SBO installed.

I can set UDFs for the OCRD table but cannot set any for RDR1 through the service. UDFs are standard string fields.

Hopefully the above info helps to solve the problem. Let me know what you find.

-Dave

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

a_grootens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In my case this piece of code was the cause of the error. It was copied from the SAP samples

'Use Windows Authentication to SQL Server

oCompany.UseTrusted = True

lRetCode = oCompany.Connect()

The users don't have sufficient rights to use the Trused Connection. So the Use Trusted option should be false; and we've set the authentication like this:

oCompany.Server = SERVERNAME;

oCompany.CompanyDB = SBO_DataBase;

oCompany.UserName = "manager"

oCompany.Password = "manager"

oCompany.DbUserName = "sa"

oCompany.DbPassword = "password"

oCompany.Connect();

Thank you guys for the responses..

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should also add that this error does not happen consistently. The system will run the same code (same data) many times and then just stop working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"The system will run the same code (same data) many times and then just stop working."

We only develop UI/DI addons (no server), but I can say that we have also seen some paranormal phenomenons about this error. Most of the time, if we run over the same code again (eg. click on a button again on the form that triggers the event), it will work.

Not easy to diagnose and debug, because it doesn't come 99% of the time.

a_grootens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. But it is interesting though. Could it be possible that some services aren't started? Or what is the general idea behind this restarting. Maybe we can find a solution in this direction. Or maybe whe should search for permissions.

We found out that when the user is member of the domain administrators group, the error stays away.

Does that make sence?

Kind regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

This type error is normal error,

You have to restart your machine and then plz you run your pgm.

Kind Regards

Yogesh