cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CIF Integration model for Transaction data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have activated the Integration model for PO & PReqs by location wise and i assumed that transaction data is online and we need not to re activate for any new Product / location combination got created in system.

But the issue is that every time a new material got created, we need to deactivate and activate the integration model for Transaction data to get the transaction data into APO.

Is there any way to avoid the following exercise as it is taking very long time for activation.

Please guide me as it is very urgent.

Thanks for help in advance...

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process which you are doing is typically done on a daily basis in batch using RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 report. The trick is to have selection criteria for the first report such that the new product/location is automatically picked up. Eg the selection cirteria can be based on MRP Type X0. So any new APO relevant Location Product can be set with MRP Type X0 and the daily batch run should take care of this. Remember to have the process of generation and activation for both master data and transaction data on a daily basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Process of regeneration is a big activity for example transaction data is taking almost 10 hours of the day which is very expensive in terms of project timings.

We have created the models with MRP type XO and location wise so that any new product / location coms into APO, it has to be online.

Is there anyway that model regeneration is not required.

Please suggest me wit some ideas.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you could always divide your list into 2 or multiple. Have one integration model that is always ON that has 99% of the list . For the new ones that keep coming in, you can always have a new integration model. This will definitely reduce your runtime of the new interation model drastically. There is no way other than model regeneration to include the products in integration model.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadessh,

I am surprised to know regenration of Integration Model is taking more than 10 hours daily. Make sure you are not doing Initial Transfer for the newly created Integration Model. A Delta Transfer i.e. activation of the newly created Integration Model (keeping the earlier Integration Model active) using RIMODAC2 report should have to activate only the newly added location-products. Unless the newly added location-products are high in number the activation of the new Integration Model should be quick.

Make sure you have the check box "Activate Newest Version" selected in RIMODAC2 report.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for your reply. If you dont mind can you give me the exact steps to follow for the new product locations in CIF (master data and transaction data as well).

I mean how do we create integration models. Let me give my Location products number, it is 1,60,000.

So please guide me how should we go ahead with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume 1,60,000 location products are spread around different locations.

Rather than one Integration Model it is better to have multiple Integration Models.

For example: one for each region like North America, one for Europe, one for Asia (assuming you have countries spread across the world). Or create Intgeration Model by Country.

This way you reduce the number of Products in an Integration Model.

It is very important to have manageable set of Integration Models. Let me give an example - you have some problem hence the single Material Master Integration Model is down (inactive). At that time any PP or PDS transfer will not have the Header or COmponent products transferred to APO (in effect PDS/PPM cannot be transferred). If you are creating or converting Planned Orders they will not transfer to R/3 (as Header product is not part of active intgeration model).

But if you have country spefic or region specific Integration Model - only that country is affected not all.

In fact you should have other integration model (like PDS/PPM, Procurement Relationships, Planned / Production Orders, Sales Orders, Stocks) in same manner i.e. either Country(s) specific or group of countries by region. The risk of models getting inactive or taking too much time to activate after regeneration easily outweighs management of more number of Integration Models (compared to one Global integration model per object).

Hope this gives you some direction.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for your reply. We will follow the steps as you said and let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I saw this interesting conversation and I would be interested in your view on division between master and transactional data as I have worked with good experiences with this in the past. Adding the country perspective definitely makes sense as you suggest. Do you have any experiences / comments to the division between master data and transactional data as well?

Fredrik

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely Master Data and Transaction Data should be in different sets of Intgeration Models.

This is a representative set of Intgeration Models I have seen and managed in projects.

<u>Master Data</u>

PLANTS (Global)

MATERIAL (includes MRP Area and MRP Area Materials)

RESOURCE

PPM or PDS

TLANES (Contracts, Inforecords, Vendors as required)

<u>Transaction Data</u>

STOCKS (including or separate Inspection Lots)

MFG ORDERS (Planned and Production / Process Orders)

SALESORD (Sales Orders & Deliveries / Shipments)

PROCUREMENT (Purchase Requisitions, POs)

In case of subcontracting Scenarios separate Master Data Intgeration Models.

Hope this is in line with what you have experienced in your projects.

somnath