cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting of receivables to payables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we adjust the a/c receivable to post to payables at month end for few customer who is also a vendor to the company.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mention in the both the customer and vendor master, if they are one and the same or related. You do not have to post from vendor to customer or vice versa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar !

It’s a CRM implementation project and he has configured his CRM vendor payables transaction to customer receivables since he cannot link that customization to vendor....

Here the vendor is also a customer to the company. How do I move that posting which hit the receivable instead of payables? So I need adjust those entries back to the payables every month?

There is configuration setting in IMG but not sure whether this would work to my situation

SPRO-> Financial accounting->account receivables and payables-> business transactions->closing->regroup

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is some brief on this.

Although, SAP provides two subledgers as Receivables and Payables separately, Accountants consider any amount owed to the company as receivables and owed by the company as payables. It does not matter whether the party to whom the money is owed or owned is under Receivables or Payables.

The pointer you have given, primarily helps reclassify Accounts receivables and Accounts payables to a different GL account to be used at the time of Balance sheet preparation as short term or long term Rece/Payables.

If there is a limitation in CRM to link directly to a vendor, you need not worry much, because receivables or paybles depends on the debit or credit balance of rec/payables. Otherwise same functionality is offered by both receivables and payables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Sridhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

by asisgning customer number in vendor master data in (general data maintaines) and ( company code data maintainense) you have to select the clear with vendor chick box to clear it. in a similar way you have to assign the vendor number in customer master data and select the clear with vendor chick box . the system will clear the line items of vendor with respect of customer line item based on the due date.

pls assign points

regards,

supriya thedimela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as i understood ur question , x is customer and vedor to ur company.

in this case u can pay to him against to receivebles , there is one confuguration in customer master data and vedor master data. then clear receiveables and payables to x in one transaction . it is very simple

with regards

Rams