cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Table length issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I have a smartform that has a table with four columns. All four columns will have texts. When on one of the columns has a lot for text in it( more than 4 pages in a word doc) the smartform fails ( call to smartform function module fails with formatting error) . There is no problem when there is less text. Is there a setting in the smartfrom table that allows unlimited text in columns?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give the exact error message and message number?

Regards,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I bebug the code, the smartform function module returns sy-subrc = 1 which is 'Formatting_error'.

When I step through the FM, it fails in a FM called SSFCOMP_PROCESS_DOCUMENT. Inside this it happens on a '%WRITE_TEXT' form with message-id 'SSFCOMPOSER' message-number '250' message-type 'E'. When this happens it throws out of the smartform FM.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A table row which is longer that 176 CM i.e. approxmately 8 pages of text is not allowed.

Following is the related <b>SAP Note 690836 - Table is written beyond lower margin of the window</b>

Summary

Symptom

While you are outputting a table with Smart Forms, the program may write the text beyond the lower margin of the page or window. In addition, the system may also issue an SSFCOMPOSER 180 error message ("A table is not being processed, column changes are not possible.") using the INTERNAL_ERROR exception.

Other terms

Smart Forms, table, row, text, formatting, page margin, window, margin, page break

Reason and Prerequisites

You have tried to output a table row with a height of more than approximately 176 centimeters (99999 twips). This height is usually due to the fact that a very long Include text was placed in a table. Example: If the main window has a height of 20 centimeters, this would be more than 8 pages.

Solution

Once you have implemented the attached program correction, the system will recognize the error scenario and will issue a relevant error message.

Caution: You must implement manual changes:

Create a message in transaction SE91. The message class is SSFCOMPOSER, number 250, the text is "Table row is higher than 176 centimeters".

However, if necessary, you must also implement the corrections of the related notes in your system. These corrections eliminate the error that text is written beyond the page or window margin.

However, if the text is really longer than 176 centimeters, it cannot be output in a table row. In this case, you must switch to a normal text output in a loop before outputting the table.

Note: The restriction only applies to the size of a table row but not to the total size of the table.

P.S. Way I found the solution... normally all the messages that raise during smart forms are from the message SSFCOMPOSER. And the message number 250 says that the text is longer that 176 CM. Then I searched for SAP notes with this message number and I found this one.

Regards,

Bharat.