cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit chart results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I have the following problem: I created a WAD template consisting of two items: a table and a chart. They both use the same data provider (a query). The results are shown correctly. However, the chart looks horrible. The query brings around 150 rows, and we need to fit those results (we are using a columns chart) into the chart in such a way that they can be seen clearly and the chart size does not exceed a size of 800x600. I know that in a table you can limit your results per page, so that you don't have a huge table in one page. Can you do something similar with the chart, prefarably so that the results shown on each page of your table are the same columns (results) shown on each page of your chart? Or at least, can you create "pages" for the charts so that you can limit the number of columns per page?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you just put the "large and ugly" chart inside a custom HTML DIV tag set at a size of "800x600." Make sure you set the DIV to have [style="OVERFLOW: auto;]" so if you feel like making the chart bigger than 800x600 (that's a huge chart by the way!!) it will still fit in your screen and the user can just scroll to see the rest.

Just an idea...a better idea is to find a way of getting less data to your chart...maybe a dropdown box of filters?

Just a suggestion. Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the answer. I will try out what you suggested as soon as possible and tell you how I fared.

Answers (0)