cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMC CM Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I set up a CM repository with a root and version directory that is on an external file share. It is using the W2kSecurityManager to authenticate to the share. The user and password are of course stored in the network path.

When I access this repository with my account (Super Admin privileges), I have no problem navigating within the directory, and can view, add, and delete documents without an issue. When I access the repository with a typical user account, with only the eu_role, and the role containing a navigation iView of the CM repository, I get the following message:

"Access Denied

The item you are attempting to access requires permissions you do not have. Contact the item's owner or a system administrator to acquire the permissions in question."

This seemed like a typical portal permissions issue, so I started providing permissions to the role that has the navigation iView within it. I started off by giving the role read (End User) permissions to the "KM Windows system", which did not work, so I continued to provide more and more permissions until finally I simply gave the test user himself "Full Control" to the entire portal content directory. This failed as well. Assigning super admin of course allows the test user to view the repository, but that clearly isn't the solution. I'm simply at a loss for where I need to go to resolve this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Adam Lewis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388485
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this out:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=560624&tstart=525">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=560624</a>

Best regards,

Avishai Zamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your prompt replies, the forum link did have the proper information to resolve my issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you also provide read access to the repository itself. ?