Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table PA 0106

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a HR Masterdata table PA 0106 that has an Unused field, which I want to use it, for that I need to change the short text on the table to a valid one, how can i do that?

I do not want to add a new field but use the existing field it is provided.

Any inputs would be really helpful,

thanks,

SK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

to make changes to standard fields u need access key...!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Can I change the 'short text' for the domain element of the field in the masterdata table, in this case it is PA0106 table?

The field is an unused field and by changing the shorttext can I make it useable?

My issue is lot more clearer now,,

Thanks in advance,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

to make changes to standard fields u need access key...!!!!

0 Kudos

I know that. Apart from that is there a way? Or if I get the access key upon changing the 'short text' does it cause any problem otherwise?

Currently the 'short text' for the field says 'unused' I want to change it to a proper text that we use it.

Thanks for the reply,

SK

0 Kudos

I wouldn't suggest that change.. even with an access key.. If SAP decides to start using that field in future releases, you will run into avoidable maintenance issues.. Why don't you enhance the infotype using PM01 instead?

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Can you tell me how to do that?

Actually this is what I am looking at, I need to add an indicator flag for PA 106 such that it displays that additional indicator flag on the infotype 21 screen. Because I found that some of the flag indicators that displays on the infotype 21 screen is tied to the field elements in infotype 106.

can you give me any ideas as how to do it?

It will be of great help,

Thanks in advance,

SK

0 Kudos

PL search HCM forum for PM01, you will get a bunch of hits..

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Thanks, I got it. I had one last question, I want the values to be selected from a drop down box, for this custom field. Can that be done for it?

Thanks in advance for all your help, shall award the points.

SK

0 Kudos

> I want the values to be selected from a drop down box, for this

> custom field. Can that be done for it?

You can do it using the screen attributes for that field in TCode SE51.Just like you do in a normal dialog Program

~Suresh

0 Kudos

I got it. Thanks for your timely help.

SK