cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I increase the swap space of WebAS 6.40?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to patch the J2EE-Engine of a WebAS with a EP6.0 on it (running on Win 2003) from SPS11 to SPS13, but during the preparation process the Prerequisities Checker informs me that there's less swap space. How can I increase that?

Thanks in advance!

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

the steps:

1.Right click on my computer-> properties->advanced->performance options:

here change the paging size.

Also if possible increase the RAM.

I hope this helps,if yes,please award points.

Rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikas,

I'm trying to install the J2EE support pack 14 for SAP WebAs 640 which asks for a increased swap space of about 10240 MB (10.24GB)while running the pre-requisite checker. My virtual memory paging file size is 2.6 GB in which i can give the min/max size as 2092 MB/4096 MB. My system is Intel Xeon 304 GHz, 3.50 GB RAM and HDD is 272 GB in two partitions. How to overcome this difficulty.

Thankx in advance.

Gopi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And how can I increase the swap space on SuSE Linux?

Herbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Windows Server 2003 Std (Windows XP also) you can use swap files greater then 4095 mb!!!

You must activate physical address extensions - PAE.

Steps:

1. open boot.ini

2. add option /PAE

3. save

4. reboot

Sample:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect /PAE

After reboot:

Right click "My Computer" -> Properties -> General Tab

If you see "Physical Address Extension" then PAE is activated.

Now you can increase the swap file. Recommoned is 10240mb. The limit of 4gb is removed. After increasing you must reboot.

Thats all.

Greetings

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have Windows 2003 Standard Edition there is a limit 4 GB per partition, but you can create another pagefiles on other partitions. If you have only 2 partitions than you can setup only 8GB of virtual memory.

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

So that means that the 10Gb request has to be ignored?!?!? What are the impacts of ignoring that recommendation?

Thanks,

Jonathan