cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Mapping question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen how it is possible to do 1:n message mapping with Multi mappings.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

If I do this, and I use a file adapter for the created message, will I get one message per file, or will all of the messages exist in one file?

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on how you want the file to be created.

If they use the same file adapter with Mode as Append then the files will be the same file.

If they use the same file adapter with Mode as Create , then the files will be different. Of course you would need to ensure uniqueness of filename.

If Different File adapters then different files will be created.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! One more question: Can I also do this with an ABAP XSLT mapping?

BR,

Tony.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep you can.

You would just need to ensure that the output of the Mapping includes all the tags like <MESSAGES> etc.

In Case of Graphical Mapping the <MESSAGES> tag are added automatically, in case of other mapping like Java / XSLT and ABAP you would need to do this manually.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers! I think I have enough to get started with now.

Cheers,

Tony.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>will I get one message per file, or will all of the messages exist in one file?

all the messages won't exist in a single file,suppose you are doing 1:2 multimapping,then you will get 2 different files.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is your scenario its file to IDOC.

Please refer the below weblogs for your help.

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil