cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Workflow to Guided Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

Is it possible to start a browser with the URL of a Guided Procedure process instantiation form SAP WebFlow to start the Guided Procedure process automatically?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen,

I don't know if it is possible, but your question is not quite clear.

Why do you want to start a Guided Procedure from a workflow? I take it from your previous posts that that is still what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin!

Because my tutor and my professor want to know, if it's possible to start a GP-process from SAP WebFlow automatically if a certain step is reached in WebFlow.

I have a process as an example and in that process company A works with Workflow and company B, who is responsible for maintenance of a machine works with Guided Procedures.

When a machine is damaged a Guided Procedure process of company B should be started and after reparing and end of GP the SAPWorkflow should continue.

The normal way via iporting a WSDL file isn't possible because SAP WebFlow doesn't support SOAP Binding which is necessary for Guided Procedures.

However in Guided Procedure it's possible to create an URL of a process instantiation. And if you call that URL in your Browser with parameters "process.template.id = xxxxx" and "process.autostart=t" the process will be started automatically.

So for the first, I just want to call the URL from SAP WebFlow to trigger the GP process. (the handler customizing is done correctly) So I thought with transaction "wf_extsrv" it's possible if you refer to the URL of the process instantiation with process.template.id and process.autostart=t.

Then generate a task and start the GP-process with the activity referring to the task. That would be a first step to show if it's possible.

If yes.

Then I can attend to pay attention to the export and import parameters.

Can you follow me?

I hope so.

I think that post is much too long.

If you want I can write you my ideas exactly via email.

null

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen,

I am not that familiar with Guided Procedures. But i think there should be an option to call an URL. You could check this part in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/68/d4623c046a9b67e10000000a11402f/content.htm">SAPHelp.</a> But I think you should do something with a BSP or a webdynpro.

I know workflow is able to send and receive XML files, but I don't know if there is a possibility there.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (0)