cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Manager Disabled - Vista Business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started a clean installation of Business One on a Windows Vista Business environment. I have installed SQL 2005 Standard Edition SP2 and then installed the Server Component for SBO. After installing the Server Tools from SBO 2007A PL8 i cannot seem to start any of my services. All the buttons on my service manager are "Greyed Out" therefore cannot import a licence file, cannot start the licence server etc...

Has anyone experiance a similar problem, or am I missing something?

Please help....

Regards

Grant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

second option is to log on as "administrator". Not a user with admin-right, try administrator login.

This solved this issue for us.

Regards,

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user I tried on was local admin, but didn't solve the problem. Are there any differences between the administrator user account and a user that i a local admin?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are differences. Even with local admin rights the rights are restricted.

It is the new policy of MS 😕

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm experiencing the same problem.

I haven't gone around to try this yet, but I think there might be some issues around the vista UAC. I'll post back if I figure out what to do.

If anyone else could post their experience it would great. Any experience around vista could help too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved!!!

By disabling the UAC you are able to use/configure the SBO Service manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the UAC?

Grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

User account controll (UAC)

Go to controlpanel - user accounts and you will see a link to activate and deactivate UAC