cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE6 openModalDialog problems with applet events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an applet within an htm document whichich is opened from another web page using the openModalDialog method (or openModelessDialog).

The applet itself works fine, giving the desired result when I do an updateGrid(true). However, IE just hangs if I try to add an UPDATED event to the applet.

Any ideas?

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

We have expierenced similiar problems with modal dialog boxes. Our solution was to revert back to version 1.4.2.07 of java. That solved mot of our problems with modal dialog boxes.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nick,

While Glenn's solution may seem to work it is not recommended to lock your application to a particular version of the Sun JRE client, especially one that is quite old and pre-dates the corrections to the changes in Daylight Savings Time.

The method you are trying to use must cause an issue where the combination of Internet Explorer and the Sun Plug-in don't play well together. I would imagine that some targeted Google searches should yield other discussions with people experiencing similar problems. Some of the version 12.0 menu pages with popups emulate a modal effect while using a more traditional window.open method, and this should work fine with IE/Sun, irregardless of version. If I recall correctly it uses a div that covers the area behind the popup window that stops you from clicking 'off' the popup. A Google search might also help you find some good samples of making a traditional window.open act as a modal too.

Regards,

Jeremy