cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Installation - Manifest.MF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

here is the situation I am facing, I have configured the NetWeaver MI Server, were I can download the connector and the framework to the client in this case a laptop. I can synch, I am able to see the device under device management, I am also able to push applications to the laptop.

I used the archive converter to convert the MAM25.war file into an .sda file and uploaded using SDM. it deployed successfully, however when I assign the application to the device I get the following message in my trace file and on the synchronization page

Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://housapmblt1.anadarko.com:8001/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=MPD&;

• Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• System determined that some required applications are not located on your device. They are now being installed.

• Download of application: MAM25 1:

• Installation of: MAM25 1:

• Installation failed:

• To complete installation restart your device.

TRACE FILE

-

[20071112 14:10:34:771] E [MI/Deployment ] com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationException: Cannot find the mandatory manifest file entry "ApplicationClass" for application MAM25.

Therefore the application does not get installed.

com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationException: Cannot find the mandatory manifest file entry "ApplicationClass" for application MAM25.

Therefore the application does not get installed.

at com.sap.ip.me.core.AwtApplicationType.install(AwtApplicationType.java:76)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.installApplication(ApplicationManager.java:756)

at com.sapmarkets.web.liTS.util.reg.RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.installApplicationFromMSD(RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.java:926)

at com.sapmarkets.web.liTS.util.reg.RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.installMSDs(RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.java:896)

at com.sapmarkets.web.liTS.util.reg.RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.startApplicationInstallation(RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.java:864)

at com.sapmarkets.web.liTS.util.reg.RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.startInstallationViaMSD(RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.java:418)

at com.sapmarkets.web.liTS.util.reg.RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.process(RegistrySyncInboundProcessing.java:195)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSingleContainer(SyncManagerImpl.java:174)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerMerger.processInboundContainers(SyncManagerMerger.java:169)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSyncCycle(SyncManagerImpl.java:835)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.syncForUser(SyncManagerImpl.java:1277)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.processSynchronization(SyncManagerImpl.java:908)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:463)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:318)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:641)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have found the manifest.mf file that came with the zip file in the download and here are the contents

______

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Created-By: Ant 1.4.1

I think I need to include some information in the manifest.mf file however I am unsure what to have in there and I thought this would have been handled by the archive converter.

Any guidance and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

This problem occurs not because of the contents of the Manifest file but due to an error while creating the sda file. You are using MAM which is JSP application, but the error on the client displays <i>com.sap.ip.me.core.AwtApplicationType.install(AwtApplicationType.java:76)</i> i.e, the client treats it as AWT application. This is because you would have wrongly selected the runtime of the application as AWT instead of JSP in the Mobile Archive Convertor tool. Change this and retry and this should work.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

An extra set of eyes, that solved my problem, I was able to create the SDA, using the correct config parameters and deployed it successfully.

Now I am trying to find the optimal settings for the SAPJRAFactory_EN connection parameters, I keep getting the following error and have been tweaking it

Cannot get connection for 60 seconds. Possible reasons: 1) Connections are cached within SystemThread(can be any server service or any code invoked within SystemThread in the SAP J2EE Engine), 2) The pool size of adapter "SAPJRAFactory_EN" is not enough according to the current load of the system or 3) The specified time to wait for connection is not enough according to the pool size and current load of the system. In case 1) the solution is to check for cached connections using the Connector Service list-conns command, in case 2) to increase the size of the pool and in case 3) to increase the time to wait for connection property. In case of application thread, there is an automatic mechanism which detects unclosed connections and unfinished transactions.#2#60#SAPJRAFactory_EN#

Thanks again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the problem is the SDA file - not the WAR file.

Have a look into the META-INF folder of the SDA. Can you see the application.xml file there and is the information in there correct - compare the META-INF folder of the SDA you created with the one, that you have on the MAM cd from SAP.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver