cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use portal CSS for SAP E-Recruiting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For a customer my coworkers are implementing E-Recruiting.

The customer has now asked for possibilities to edit the Look & Feel of this BSP app.

We have already customized the Portal look & feel through the integrated Portal Theme Editor and we were wondering:

<b>Is it possible to use the CSS from this custom Portal theme in the BSP app?</b>

I know report BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS is suitable for uploading stylesheets. We can then use SE16 and bspthemeroot and enter the url /sap/...hrrcf*, so that alle E-Rec apps are using the new themeroot.

Question is: Can BSP handle the stylesheets from Portal? I am quite new to the whole concept and would like some suggestions for a quick fix. Designing a new look & feel through Dev Studio is not an option, because of time and budget reasons.

Looking forward to you answers!

Best regards,

Jan Laros

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is the E-Recruiting application running in the Portal? If so it should inherit the theme that portal has selected (as long as you have selected Portal Integration in the BSP application screen and you setup the hosting iView as a BSP iView correctly). This way you don't have to copy the themes anywhere. The BSP application references the remote theme files that remain located on the Portal server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply! We are going to tun partially in the Portal from I have heard. Recruiter and Admin are using the Portal. However, the most important group of users is going to be external applicants and they do not have access to our Portal.

I think the only way we can get the new look and feel for the external BSP application is by developing a new stylesheet. The question was if we could use the CSS generated by our Portal Theme and upload it through report BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS. The question is however, will Portal stylesheets be accepted by a BSP? My guess is they don't.

Best regards,

Jan Laros

sagar-acharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I also have a similar requirement wherein I would like to apply a new CSS file to HRRCF_CAND_REG application.

But when I mention the new themeRoot using <htmlb:content>, the system comes up with a message that there can not be 2 <htmlb:content> tags.

Also, when I right click on the BSP page in browser and choose 'View Source', I can see that the CSS file has been defaulted to "/sap/public/bc/ur/Design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/ur_ie6.css".

Where can I find the coding which specifies this CSS file? I could not find it anywhere within the BSP application.

Regards

Sagar