cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Key field missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a BI query that has a key field on it but does appear in VC.

If you look at output of the query within VC or the "Define/Test Query" option the key figure doesn't appear.

Nor does it appear under the query structure within the "Find Data" option.

Cheers

Shep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neal,

I hope I understand your question...

I recently also had no key fields showing up in VC result....

after some 'stuggle' with the system it turned out to have to do with the varaible in my query... The variable was mandatory...after i changed the variable to optional the key fiels did appear...so make all your variables optional and try again..

hopefully you will be the first to give me some points...if the answer is solving your problem

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven,

Unfortunately all of the variables are all set to optional entry.

Thanks for the reply though....

Former Member
0 Kudos

other option ....save query under different name and see if that works...sometimes the result is still in the buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the end we found copying the query to a new name solved the issue.

Thanks for the info

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neal,

is this a new query or did you modify this query to include a new key figure? try this--> do a "define/test query" , execute it and then click on "generate". you should then be able to see the kf..also tke note, by doing this, the key figure will show up only on your existing iView. you'll hv to repeat this procedure , the next time u drag the query onto the iViews.

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neal,

try to use the tabular setting in the query.... pink horizontal icon. In some cases we used it to have the KF put in the right order.

are you using BI7.0 ? are other queries working?

steven