cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_BW connection failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to setup BEx analyzer in my ERP2005, and in system landscape directory of portal, there is a system SAP_BW which I used BI JAVA template to install it.

And now I used the connection test for this system, the 'SAP Web AS Connection' and 'ITS Connection' is OK, but the 'Test Connection with Connector' is failed, the message is :

<b> Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.</b>

Did anyone encountered this problem, and is there any suggestions?

Helpful reply will be rewarded.

Bob

Message was edited by:

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

GO to portal User administration-- user mapping select SAP_BW alias & set the user name & password of BW system... test the connector object it will work

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

the test connection fail becuase it needs a valid user/password or a valid SSO ticket to the R/3.

If you test the connection via administrator user of the portal you propebly will not have a valid user in this name in the R/3.

this could be solved via defining user credentials for that systems in the user definition.

I will recommend you to create a SSO by excanging tickets between the systems.

Erez Kendler

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Have you installed the BI JAVA usage type? You need this for the Web based BEx Analyzer.

Cheers,

Mike.