Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WS20000075 - release PO

Hi Folks,

We went last weekend live with this WF for the approval of a PO. There seems to be a problem with starting the flow. When a user creates a PO, the event releasestepcreated is started, but there's an error saying that the import container is wrong.

So I tried to start the WF myself by launching the event manually, and this gives no error. Once the flow has been started for the first time, the second (and third and so on) approval doesn't 't pose any problem.

So it's only by creation of a PO that there seems to be something missing.

And the weirdest thing : On dev and Test (same flow) there's no problem at all...

So I'm hoping there's someone out there who can guide me a bit in the right direction...

thanks in advance !

Based on what you are saying, I would check the following areas closely:

1. for the triggering event and business object, are you using a custom BO? If so, make sure delegation is setup correctly and use the standard BO.

2. When you run manually, you obviously are giving the import container elements the correct data. So make sure the binding between the WF and the BO are all setup correctly.

3. Could be a timing issue between when the PO is saved (actually saved to the database, not the buffer) and the triggering of the WF. I've seen this happen with custm triggering logic but it wouldn't hurt to try using the event queue and send the WF to the queue for 5 - 10 minutes (giving the database time to commit the data).

I hope this helps.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question