cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to install EP6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I successfully installed "SAP NetWeaver '04 SP Stack 9 - MaxDB - Developer Workplace" and I can deploy and run enterprise applications on the SAP WAS. (Operating system: MicrosoftWindowsServer2003_StandardEdition_ServicePack1 and JDK: j2sdk1.4.2_06).

But the following installation of EP6.0 was not successful. Two Enterprise Portal applications (com.sap.prt.application.rfcframework and irj) can't be executed on the SAP WAS. The WAS continuously attempts to start this two applications, but without success...

Any idea on how to resolve this problem?

Best regards,

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valdimir,

If you have installed WAS form the CD`s,then it will be of SP level 9.

Is you J2EE engine running?

try this to check the version and also if all the process are running:

in IE type: http://<hostname>/index.html

This will show up,if your j2EE is running,here also you can check all the versions.

Rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for the tip.

I see in http://<hostname:port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo , that the version of software components (SAP-JEE, SAP-JEECOR, SAP_JTECHF and SAP_JTECHS ) is 6.40 SP9.

Despite this, I can't install EP6.0.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valdimir,

1.After the installation of Portal,did you check the MMC?

Is it showing "Gree",that means all the servers and engines are running properly.

2.Please do re-start the Portal server once.

3.Check if all the services are running properly.

4.Check the I.E versio and SP level.

I hope this helps.

Rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for your responce.

Before the installation of Portal was MMC green. After the installation is MMC yellow, because WAS can’t start com.sap.prt.application.rfcframework and irj. (I see in Visual Administrator, that this two applications are in a “starting”-state, but aren’t started).

I’ve got the complete NetVeawer distribution on CDs package. The package is marked with "SAP NetWeaver '04 SP Stack 9”. I don’t know how I can check the real SP of running WAS. IE version is 6.0.

Best regards,

Vladimir