cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Server IP address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will move the SAP server from local server room to telecommunication office.The relation server IP address must be changed. Could you tell me what configure and setting need change for SAPR3 and Oracle database? Thanks for you help.

best regards

Park Han

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Park

Make sure you don't have SM59 RFC connections with the flag 'Save as' -> IP address. You will have to check remote systems as well.

Regards

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prince Jose,

We only changed the IP address. The hostname don't change. What mean "You have to take care of lot of things if you change hostname"? Could you pls give me some guide line.Thanks.

best regards

Park Han

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats only for changeing Hostname .. Here you are only doing IP address change so you dont have to do those .. I dont want to confuse you by listing that now

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus and Michael,

The Oracle database and transport setting need not change anything? I can't sure. Pls advise.Thanks.

best regards

Park Han

Former Member
0 Kudos

As markus said , I dont see any ref to IP in Oracle configuration or transports .. You have to take care of lot of things if you change hostname but in your case its the IP change .. shut it down and make the change and bring it up ..

Thanks

Prince Jose

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you don´t change the HOSTNAME it should be straightforward.

Shut down everything, change the IP and start the system again.

Make sure all connected systems (BW/BI, CRM etc.) know the new IP (and of course all the clients accessing the system).

--

Markus