cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homo System Copy problems with EP and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to perform a homogeneous system copy on a NW2004s environment. I've successfully done SCM and BI (both duel stack) but I'm having trouble doing EP and XI using the same method.

Sapinst runs through successfully and completes without errors. The ABAP side looks fine. The problems appear when starting the java stack. It looks like sapinst has not substituted the host name correctly. In the std_server0.out log I'm getting the following error which is referencing the source hostname (please note I have edited the host name below to protect the privacy of the customer):

Error message: "Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=<old_host_name>.co.uk SYSNR=00 GWHOST=<old_host_name>.co.uk GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR hostname '<old_host_name>.co.uk' unknown

TIME Fri Nov 9 17:49:20 2007

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -2

MODULE niuxi.c

LINE 1529

DETAIL NiPGetHostByName2: hostname '<old_host_name>.co.uk'

not found

SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname_r

COUNTER 1

". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "{

passwd=********

lang=EN

receiverid=master

sysnr=00

client=666

poolmaxsize=10

user=SAPJSFDEP

receiverid_guest=master

ashost=<old_host_name>.co.uk

Please can anyone shed some light on this problem. As I mentioned above it only seems to be occuring with EP(java stack) and XI (dual stack). I'm using AIX 5.3 and oracle 10.2.

Regards

Pete Tombs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP Note <b>831812</b>

Regards,

Srujana.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

The error you're posting seems to point to the UME-Configuration. How should the Java-only system know, that it's UME-source has changed if you don't tell it so? I think that at least for the Java-only system you will have to update your UME-Configuration manually. I don't know for the XI - if the problem is the same it raises the question, which UME-Source are you using?

Regards,

Jörg

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please supply the hostname without the DNS prefix, maybe that's why it is unable to find the host.

Regards,

Siddhesh