Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS. Dangerous Goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am starting with Dangerous Goods and I have the following question:

We have a Material that is classified as dangerous depending on the quantity. So what we do is:

Link the Material (M1) the a Dangerous Goods Classification (DGC1) and also the same Material (M1) link to a Real Substance that is linked to another Dangerous Goods Classification (DGC2). Is it the correct way of doing it?

Addiotionally, when I am creating a Sales Order how do I know if the material is classified as dangerous or not? where do i enter this logic (i.e. Dangerous for ADR in more than 50 liters and not Dangerous in less than 50 liters?

I will really appreciate any help,

Best regards,

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example:

Material M1 - DG

Material M2 - non DG

For M1- activate DGP in material master basic data 2 view

For M2 - Not required but if you want MSDS for this material then you activate Environmental related check box.

Then, Both the materials should be assigned to real substance as per the properties and clasification. Most important you need to maintain DG master data for M1 and not for M2 in DGP1. or DGE5.

Then you use mixed load DG check method apart from other general check and mode of transport check types. if you shipp both the materials together...then assign these check to both sales order, shipping and shipping document.

Hope this will help you..i sent couple of mails related to DG config to your id.pls check. All the best.

-Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well. you maintain the danerous goods master data in DGP1 through DG filling method. First you need to activate the DGP in the basic data 2 in material master which indicates this material is dangerous goods. and whenever you create sales order for this material it first reads the material master and then it checks whether this DG material is having DG master data or not in DGP1.

Hope you can understad and solve your proble. Morever there are lot of IMG cinfig setting for sales order and delivery process for DG material.

you can write to me jkramchand@yahoo.com if anything more you require

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram for your answer,

But what happens if in the DG master we have two entries related to the same material related to different DG Classification. When we do the Sales Order and we want to verify the DG Checks which entry in the DG Master does it check?

Many thanks and regards,

Alberto