Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TemSe...

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have some questions with regards to TemSe. I have ran SP12 and the memory allocation came up to a huge amount of objects... What I want to know is:

1. What are the objects in TemSe?

2. How to delete the objects in TemSe with control based on time created and client?

We have already a Std job deleting the Printouts and from RZ20, our Spool Numbers looks good. At the sametime, from SP12 --> Memory Allocation, I noticed that some of the Expiry is set to Unlimited... How to change this to a range? Your valued suggestion and inputs is greatly appreciated.

Regards and have a nice day.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YN,

Temse store temporary data, objects that are not ment to be permanently in the system are stored in temse until they are removed...

Have you check temse consistency? do you run report RSPO1041 frequetly to delet old spool requests?

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d9/4a8f9c51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

regards

Juan

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

The spool files are manageable and the job RSPO1041 is scheduled and running well. How to check how many spool objects are there out of the total objects shown in SP12? Thanks.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YN,

You can see the contents of Temse at SP11... just put and * in objects ans it will list them all... You won't see any transport logs cause temse don't trasnport anything... but you can see the object attributes and details.

Regards

Juan

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

I went into SP11 and put " * " in Objects but the list is only 100+ while the number of objects that I have in SP12 is more than 100,000 . From SP01, I see less than 20,000 spool created. There has to be more than that right? Any other way to check?

Regards.

YN Chang

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have more than 100000 your housekeeping jobs are not doing what they should... again do you have report RSPO1041 scheduled? it is part of the SAP Reorg jobs..

Regards

Juan

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Yes, I have RSPO1041 scheduled and it is working fine and we do periodically delete job that is in waiting / error status via SP01. I guess this should not cause any problems right?

I think the objects are client-dependant... I am still trying to check on this.

Regards

YN Chang

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes they are client dependant... also check that the variant used by this report covers your needs.

Regards

Juan

please reward with points if helpful

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

How do I know what is the variants used? I see variants like SAP&001...

Regards.

YN Chang

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YN,

RSPO1041 should be scheduled at SM37 to run periodically check what variant is using in the step.

Regards

Juan

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

The variant is SAP&001 ... RSPO1041 is for print spool rite?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

correct... SAP&001 is SAP default variant.

cheers,

-Sunil

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, this is also the default variant used for the deletion of old batch input files and deletion of old jobs by the 2 report, RSBDCREO and RSBTCDEL. I am now wondering if it works for the spool files (as I went into SP01 and see that old completed spool files are deleted on a daily basis), why it does not work for the old batch input files and the deletion of old jobs.

Also, I have a workflow job that runs every 3 minutes and generated a report / log. Would this log be in TemSe as well? If so, which job can delete these logs. Thanks.

Regards.

YN Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to Note:48400 . It will clear most of your doubts

yn_chang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Bidwan,

I have already read the note. I need more information on it, e.g. I already have RSBTCDDEL and RSBDCREO scheduled. Since it is scheduled, how can I find out the parameter that it is using? How do I know what is in TemSe at the moment? Is it spool files or job logs or background input logs?

At the sametime, does TemSe contains Transport Logs and LSMW batch input data / logs?

Regards.