cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI vs. WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz

has anyone did performance stats on calling BAPI from .NET and consuming webservice from .NET.... i have an option of designing bapi or ws in 2004s for .NET purpose.... volume will be high.... just wanna' know will RFC be right option for sending such a high volume of data ? or WS ?

i'm looking for good performant.....

any one who can share their experiences would be appreciated....

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasu,

Definately RFC based communication is faster in comparison to SOAP based WS. And it helps a lot when the volume of data is large.

However, SOAP bases webservices gives you much more freedom in terms of less security issues, industry standard webservice based communication etc.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kasu,

you can use RFC if the volume of data being transfered is huge.

and if "%integration%" is not part of your interest, please use RFC and forget about XI.

I hope you'll find my answer satisfying and close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasu,

The performance problem related with WS is more or less because of the protocol (http - state less) it uses to communicate. And not sure if SAP can do something about it. However, as I mentioned earlier WS has it's own benefits.

And just to share with you- going forward SAP is discontinuing NCo and now promoting Enterprise Service Explorer (can be used with VS2005). Apart from that there is SAP XI (process integration) platform which would act as single point integration for different kind of applications.

And both of them heavily rely on WS for communication between systems.

Regards.