Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printout always sent to default printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Every time I select 'LOCL' and send a print.. irrespective of what printer I select the printout is always sent to the windows DEFAULT printer. Can someone plz help me understand the situation?

Thanks in Advance..

-Muktar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muktar,

When you give LOCL it will check for the default local printer which had setup. so it will goes to the default printer only.

Reward points if it helps,

Satish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muktar,

When you give LOCL it will check for the default local printer which had setup. so it will goes to the default printer only.

Satish

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.... I agree with your answer but when I select a different printer, still the printout goes to the default printer... which I dont want.. I want to get printout from the selected printer....

-Muktar

0 Kudos

Though you select, it will goes to the default priniter.

Set new printer as default printer and try.

Satish

0 Kudos

Thank you all for the quick response...

-Muktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingeneral LOCL is configured as Default Printer in most of the systems. That means LOCL is not itself a printer, but this is what the printer local to the system. that's why print out is always going to defualt printer...

Check with any other printer. Observe the description properly. In description Default pronter will be specifed clearly...