Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hr badi QUERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

In tcode pa30 we are creating a custom infotype and a subtype . When i do a F4 on the subtype the FM called is HR_F4_GET_SUBTYPE.

This FM checks for a badi using code

CALL FUNCTION 'HR_GET_BUSINESS_ADD_IN'

EXPORTING

exit_name = 'HR_F4_GET_SUBTYPE'

flt_val = infty

IMPORTING

is_implemented = is_implemented

CHANGING

instance = exit_obj.

This FM checks if any BADI is activated exit_name = HR_F4_GET_SUBTYPE.

I want to write some custom code and check if i can use this badi for my work.

I have created an implementation ZHR_F4_GET_SUBTYPE. WRitten a small code in one of the methods ..

BADI is activated . however when i debug pa30 and it comes to this code which checks whether badi is active .. it returns a sy-subrc 4.

Could you please guide me where am i going wrong .. do i need to do some settings to activate the badi ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you go to SE19 and open your implementation there will be one check box (mostly in Runtime Behavior block)... Implementation is active.. you must check that check box... also you can cross check the same in other way...

Go to SE18.. gave BADI definition and check implemtations. The version field must be A (Active)...

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

I can see that the Badi HR_F4_GET_SUBTYPE is filter dependant. Have you provided the filter value in the implementation. I feel this is the reason why the implementation is not triggering.

Thanks

Indira

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply indira .

Yes I have provided the filter infotype as the custom infotype I am creating

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help. I resolved it myself. The documentation for the FM was very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you go to SE19 and open your implementation there will be one check box (mostly in Runtime Behavior block)... Implementation is active.. you must check that check box... also you can cross check the same in other way...

Go to SE18.. gave BADI definition and check implemtations. The version field must be A (Active)...