Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT script - System Not Modifiable

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone,

I have created a eCatt script on our developement system to create our UAT and Training users on our QA system.

The script is working fine on DEV and I have transported it to our QAS system.

When trying to change the script on the training client I am getting the following error: "SAP System has status not modifiable"

Under scc4 this client allows client-specific and cross-client changes.

Also eCatt and CATT is set to allowed.

Our QAS system is currently set to not modifiable and I want to change it to be able to run the script.

I know I need to change the system to be modifiable in SE06 but I don't know which specific "Software component" or/and Namespace/ Name Range to set to Modifiable"

Can anyone help and give me more info or direction on where to find more info as I haven't found anything as yet?

Thank you

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change the system status to modifiable in SE03, automatically few componet will change to modifiable and restricted modifiablity.

cheers,

-Sunil

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have tried to change SE06 to modifiable but all the components keep their Non-Modifiable status.

Any other suggestion?

I have tried to compare it to another system default values (Se06) but almost all components are enable which I would like to avoid.

Thanks

Coco

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi More info/questions:

The good news is that I can actually run my eCATT scripts, the bad news is that I can't modify them which means that I can only run them from my machine and call the same data file. Not bad but not perfect.

I have tried to set the following component to modifiable (SE06) so that I can select a different data file:

BASIS Component

ABAP Workbench

Customer Developement (SAP-ABA)

It is still not working ("Not modifiable" message still)

My next questions are:

What components are eCATT scripts part of? Since they are added to a package before to be transported to the next system I would ask the same question for a Package.

Any suggestion welcome.

Ta!

Coco