Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Job SAP CCMS_xxx_XXX_Update_Tabstats

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone,

Can someone help me to identify this SQL Job?

This job is running on one our system and I can't match it up with a job that may have been created via SM36 or DB13. I can see it through SQL Management Studio.

(SAP Netweaver 4 on SQL 2005 SP1)

Name = SAP CCMS_xxx_XXX_Update_Tabstats (XXX = system name)

Description = CCMS Update Table Statistics

Step = sap_update_tabstats 45

Schedule daily at 04:00

I can't find any job on SM37 that is running at this time.

Where else can I look or does anyone knows where this job may have been created from.

I know it wasn't created during the initial system installation.

Any clues/suggestion would be welcomed.

Thank you

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Closed

clas_hortien
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is a pure SQL Server job which has no counterpart in SM37.

It will be created by running the report MSSPROCS and then run (at least) the stored procedure sap_tabstats and sap_tabstats_job_enable.

In the DBACockpit you can find the Script Maintenance under Configuration -> SQL Script Maintenance.

All of the stored procedures that are listed in the Maintenance list are created during a system init. So the jobs will be there from the beginning. The other SAP_CCMS* are created from other stored procedures in this list.

Best regards

Clas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coco,

with Basis SP 12 (Netweaver04s - I am sure there is a corresponding SP for Netweaver 04) a new transaction called DBACOCKPIT was introduced to the SAP system. This transaction replaces old ones like DB02 or ST04. And I am pretty sure that this job was part of that shipment. Myself, I haven't read it all yet, but this link might help:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mss (read the documentation about DBACOCKPIT)

Have a look at Note 1027512 - MSSQL: DBA cockpit for basis release 7.00 and later. Please also check the referred notes.

If you want to find out what is really going on there, have a look at SP sap_update_tabstats. I had a quick look and it seems to collect statistical data, analyzes that data and according to some rules updates statistics on certain tables. The '45' seems to be the max runtime in minutes.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you pl check table BTCJSTAT you may get some information.

Cheers,

-Sunil