cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed clarification on RWRKBENCH and CACHE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to SAP-XI, Ihave some doubts regarding runtime work bench and cache refreshing

1.what is difference between complete cache refresh and delta cache refresh in SXI_CACHE transaction.If delta cache refresh is choosen then which components cache will be refreshed?

2.In which case we have to go for complete cache or delta cache refresh ?

3.what is difference between monitoring on RUNTIME WORK BENCH & SXMB_MONI?

Plz if any body knows anwers to this questions kindly provide explanations.

Good answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Monica.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

3.what is difference between monitoring on RUNTIME WORK BENCH & SXMB_MONI?

Messages can be monitored in XI 3.0 in two

different ways:

1. Integration Server using transaction: SXMB_MONI via SAPGUI

All the inbound and outbound XML messages with various statuses can be monitored

2. Runtime Workbench (RWB) via browser

Messages can be monitored at the Integration Server level and also at the Adapter Engine level

Messages can also be monitored via the payload base search using the TREX Engine Indexing functionality

The RWB provides other monitoring features, such as Component Monitoring, Message Monitoring, End-to-End Monitoring, Performance Monitoring, and

alerts via the Alert Framework, etc.

1.Difference between complete cache refresh and delta cache refresh

The central messaging components (Integration Server and Adapter Engines) have to react according to the actual configuration in the Integration Directory and Integration Repository, whenever changes are activated by these tools. For this purpose, the messaging components use a runtime cache, in which the actual configuration data is present, and a cache refresh mechanism that updates the runtime cache according to the changes made in the Integration Directory and Integration Repository.

There are several variants of the cache refresh mechanism depending on the scope of the cache refresh (delta only or entire cache refresh) and on the triggering component (tool or messaging component).

For reference u can chk the following link which gives details of how to handle Caches in XI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1a69ea11-0d01-0010-fa80-b47...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

<b>1.what is difference between complete cache refresh and delta cache refresh in SXI_CACHE transaction.If delta cache refresh is choosen then which components cache will be refreshed?</b>

1.Delta Cache Refresh: Any new objects that have been created/modified during the design/configuration activities are inserted into the temporary database tables when we use delta cache refresh option.

2.Full Cache Refresh: All entries in temporary cache tables are deleted and a background program for inserting the complete information about all the design/configuration objects.

<b>2.In which case we have to go for complete cache or delta cache refresh ?</b>

check this

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/sxicache--ripped-off

How to handle cache

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1a69ea11-0d01-0010-fa80-b47a7930...

SXI_CACHE

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/sxicache--ripped-off%3Fpage%3Dlast

<b>3.what is difference between monitoring on RUNTIME WORK BENCH & SXMB_MONI?</b>

In RWB we monitor messages whic goes via Adapter Engine.. i.e we monitor messages which r in JAVA stack

In SXMB_MONI we monitor messages of Integartion Engine i.e messages of ABAP stack!!

Hope u r now clear!!!

regards

biplab

Message was edited by:

biplab das

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>3.what is difference between monitoring on RUNTIME WORK BENCH & SXMB_MONI?</i>

>>>

RWB provides you with more functionalities of monitoring like adapter monitoring, End-End etc. It helps you monitor the java stack, adapter engine and the integration engine.

SXMB-MONI is mainly focused on the ABAP stack.

<i>1.what is difference between complete cache refresh and delta cache refresh in SXI_CACHE transaction.If delta cache refresh is choosen then which components cache will be refreshed?

2.In which case we have to go for complete cache or delta cache refresh ?</i>

>>>>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0332b2a-eb97-2910-b6ba-dbe52a01...