cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the OBYC setting for the GR/IR clearing accounts, two different GL accounts was maintained for debit and credit posting. so the posting was entered in the resp GL account as per the Dr and Cr. Now when i tried to clear the GR/IR account thr'o F.13, I am unable because the dr and cr entires are in 2 different GL accounts. Is there any ways to clear the two GL account or can you advice me how to proceed about it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GR/IR should be one account only for Dr & Cr. Since in your company it is 2 different GL, then the same needs to be cleared manully.

Secondly, my suggestion will be, create a new GL and change the customisation to only to new gl created for both Debit and Credit. The same can be then cleared in F.13

For older balance, the manual entry needs to posted. By this over a period of time, the older accounts will become NIL.

Hope this helps, if yes, please assign points.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

GR/IR Clearing Account is usually a auto posting account. Its triggered on posting of GR (Goods Receipt - Cr) or IR (Invoice Receipt - Dr) in MM with a corresponding entry to Stock and Vendor respectively. Its follows the best practice of 3 way matching in procure to pay cycle. Account Key BSX (Stock Posting) in OBYC for example determines the posting.

In addition to the above, the following link may help u

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/MMIVWERE/MMIVWERE.pdf

assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put both the GL accounts in F.13 and try it out. Revert back in case of any problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for for information krishna, but when i tried to do as u said, i was not able to clear the ammount in 2 different GL accounts. Do we have any other options to clear the amounts in two different GL accounts.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Manually u have to clear these accounts.

Regards,

Meenakshi