cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From one company code to two company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am doing upgrade project from 4.7 to ECC 6.

Company has decided to split one company code to two company code.

Friends, Please tell me the impact of this in FI from first to last.

means i want to know what care i should take respective to this.

Thanks & Regards,

Reva Naik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When your customer wants to split one Company code from 4.7 version of SAP to 2 Company Codes in ECC 6, then there is going to be no impact with regard to Document splitting. You have to segregate the data pertaining to the 2 Company codes and upload to ECC 6.

Complication pertaining to splitting arises in consideration with Business area, Profit center and Segment. As your customer has decided to have two company codes. There is no complications involved.

If I have understood your question wrongly kindly get back.

Regards

V.Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishnan, you understood my doubt but could you tell me in details like if there is any extra configuration required for intercompany posting and consolidation and all that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Configurations for Inter-Company Posting are the same as in 4.7 Version. There is no seperate configurations special with respect to ECC 6 version.

Consolidation is possible if the Consolidation module of SAP is implemented. I have no much idea about it. You can use F.01 giving both the company codes to get the Consolidated financials of both the Company codes.

Regards

V.Krishnan