cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String to DATS format conversion in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using Powerbuilder system to get my Legacy data.In Powerbuilder Date needs to be supplied in STRING format.So I am giving String Format (dd-mmm-yyyy).

However, at SAP end, Date needs to be in DATS format (Standard SAP yyyymmdd) .

In Message Mapping I have given I/P structure as String and O/P structure as DATS format. When I test mapping in XI, it gives me Parseable error.

Can anybody tell me, is there any way in XI to convert from String to DATS format so that I do not get Parseable error.

Please Help!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lokesh,

With XI there is a date transformation function under date category there you need to provide source date format and target date format..

I have used the same for fetching the data from oracle..and posting into SAP..it works fine..

Try this ..this will solve ur problem....you just need to see what is the exact date format used by powerbuilder internally...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while doing string to DATS format you have to use Date Transformation Function, in Source date format dd-MMM-yyyy

Target date format yyyyMMdd (which is SAP understandable).

now when u r going for test , <b>plz give the right format in source date</b>

i.e 24-009-2007, <b>if you make it blank then also same error will come so you have to give the source date .</b>

hope this will help u.

thanx

HONEY

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you converting the Source Date format into the Target Format?

Are you using the Standard DateTransformation function? If yes, is the source and the target format set as needed?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh for a quick reply!!!

Yes, I am using Date Transformation Function.

Source date is dd-MMM-yyyy (String Format)

I have used date transformation to convert to yyyyMMdd format.

But, when I test Message mapping it gives me Parseable Error, as source is in String and target is in DATS format (RFC field, SAP).

Please Help!!!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is rather strange.. My gut feel here is that the issue is because the source date field somehow does not match the format when you are doing the sample testing..

The issue seems to be that the input date is of incorrect format.. maybe an extra space etc..

Regards

Bhavesh