cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Solution Manager team,

I am in the process of configuring service desk in SolMan 4.0, but am in confusions regarding the customizings to be done in the SolMan as well as Satellite systems.

Can anybody please provide me with a detailed step-by-step document to configure the entire service desk functionality.?

Awaiting favourable response in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhaskar,

Check the following Webblogs :

/people/kamran.ellahi2/blog/2006/01/13/setting-up-sap-service-desk-123-and-go

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies

For me the better place to begin in SOLMAN world is:

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

There you caan select different profiles and the iTutor are really good.

Also in spro the configuration point are really good explained to configure the solman and the Support desk basic settings.

Also check for documentation in service.sap.com/solutionmanager

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the response, in fact, the weblogs mentioned by you are very useful for initial configuration of sesrvice desk.

Please let me know how can we create automatic message notification to the user whenever the message has been assigned to him and whenever there is a status change in the message.

Awaiting to hear from you.

can you please let me know if you have any step-by-step document in this regard?

regards,

Bhaskar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I'm about to configure Service Desk on Solution Manager 4.0 SP13, are those weblogs still valids? or there is too much diference between SolMan 3.2 and 4.0 regarding Service Desk's configuration?

Furthermore, if there is another detailed documentation please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Miguel