cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, hope someone can help me. We are using a Hierarchy, maintained in R/3 and extracted in BI - Ideal situation

No the funny part of this hierarchy is that in BEx there are a number of nodes that is is not displaying.

The short of the story is that we are going only 5 levels deep so this should not be a problem...correct.

Ont thing i need to mention is the following: the hierarchy is a financial item hierarchy. Another thing, on the technical name of the Hierarchy in R/3 for the 2 specific nodes that are not displaying, the technical name end with a A and the one related to it with a B.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible that the technical Naming convention in R/3 could cause this problem?

2. What are the reasons why some of the nodes will not display BEx?

3. Could the amount of sub nodes that are underneath a node have an impact on the whole hierarchy not displaying?

Just to clarify...the Hierarchy in BI looks exactly like in R/3 so the Master data load did not give any errors or warnings in any way.

I would really appreciate your assistance in this regard and as always...point will be assigned.

Cas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the comments. The problem was solved by using a different version of the Hierarchy. Points assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you take a look at

RSA1 / infoObject / <i>your Hierarchy characteristic</i> / <i>your Hierarchy </i>

Double click Display your Hierarchy . Check in the right panel by expand the tree. is this Hierarchy full filled which what you need?

Regards,

Chuong Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesnot matter if the hierarchy is just 5 levels deep.

<i>1. Is it possible that the technical Naming convention in R/3 could cause this problem?</i>

I dont think so naming convention would not let the two nodes to display in BEx as hierarchy looks similar in BI/RSH1 to the one in R/3.

<i>2. What are the reasons why some of the nodes will not display BEx?</i>

May be there is no transaction data for none of the Accounts under that node and the node is not displayed in the report.

<i>3. Could the amount of sub nodes that are underneath a node have an impact on the whole hierarchy not displaying?</i>

As said, there may be no amounts at all no transaction data in the underlying Infoprovider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jr,

On a line item level the hierarchy leaves are displaying data, but not on a consolidated level.

Do you have any other suggestions on why the display might not happen?

Thanks again,

Cas