Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Hierarchy in BEx

OK, hope someone can help me. We are using a Hierarchy, maintained in R/3 and extracted in BI - Ideal situation

No the funny part of this hierarchy is that in BEx there are a number of nodes that is is not displaying.

The short of the story is that we are going only 5 levels deep so this should not be a problem...correct.

Ont thing i need to mention is the following: the hierarchy is a financial item hierarchy. Another thing, on the technical name of the Hierarchy in R/3 for the 2 specific nodes that are not displaying, the technical name end with a A and the one related to it with a B.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible that the technical Naming convention in R/3 could cause this problem?

2. What are the reasons why some of the nodes will not display BEx?

3. Could the amount of sub nodes that are underneath a node have an impact on the whole hierarchy not displaying?

Just to clarify...the Hierarchy in BI looks exactly like in R/3 so the Master data load did not give any errors or warnings in any way.

I would really appreciate your assistance in this regard and as always...point will be assigned.

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question