cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPRFC Unicode capable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, are PHP and SAPRFC Unicode capable or you have to have the same codepages on SAP and client?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Detlef_Höhmann
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

in version 1.3, SAPRFC did not work with Unicode Systems. However, when version 1.4 came out, I have tested it again and it worked fine with a Unicode System.

You might also want to review my response to the earlier topic "SAPRFC return columns misaligned" in this forum.

Regards,

Detlef

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Detlef,

what codepage have you used? I try to connect to our WebAS 6.20 Unicode System with Codepage 4103 and get this error:

Warning: RFC Error Info : Group : 103 Key : RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE Message : D in /var/www/saprfc/client.php on line 41

RFC connection failed with error:RFC Error Info : Key : C Status : EXCEPTION SYSTEM_FAILURE RAISED Message : D Internal:

When I logon with Codepage 1100 öäü is returned correctly. Uppercase umlauts ÖÄÜ return as ###.

Regards

Gregor

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also writing to this forum, in case any of you can help.

We have just upgraded our SAP system to Unicode (but are not using ANY international languages - only English).

We now have a PHP application that used to connect to the SAP server and run reports, but does not work anymore.

Unfortunately the person responsible for this application is no longer with the company.

I am running SAPRFC 1.2.1 (and I see there is a 1.4.1 version). I wouldn't mind trying that, but then I am not sure what version of PHP, RFCSDK is required etc, so it could turn into a snowball.

If anyone has experience with this, it would be great to have some help.

Thanks.

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was just on the SAPRFC homepage and there is a new version 1.4 with unicode now as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It tells Non-Unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPRFC Version 1.4 released

added support for target SAP Unicode system (include SAP Basis 6.40)

That's what states under "news" http://saprfc.sourceforge.net