cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to process chanins not imported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am making some changes to process chains (BI7) like removing a step or adding a step like activating an ODS. When I created a transport by activating and imported to the QA system, the changes are not imported correctly. For the new process type, the process variants are captured in the transport.

I

n 3.0b. whatever change I make in the process chain is automatically captured when I activate the chain. however, in BI 7, this seem to behave differently.

Can anyone advise if this is the case or is this due to some incorrect settings?

We have just installed BI7.

Thanks

KS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KS,

I believe the problem is already in the collection because there are no errors later in the import phase. Please check manually in the transport connection if all the new objects (e.g. R3TR ODSO) are collected with the chain.

Regards,

Balint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balint,

I have checked and find that the object is available in the request. (R3TR ODSO).

Which object type I should check for removing the process type (step) from teh process chain?

Thanks

KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KS,

sorry, but I dont understand the question. Process types can be removed in the chain maintenance, and transport request assignment can be maintained e.g. in the transport connection.

Anyway, you wrote initially that when you created a transport by chain activation the changes were not imported correctly. What changes did you exactly and what were the exact sympthoms of the import problem?

Thanks and regards,

Balint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balint,

I had mentioned in my first question that I am making changes to process chains: adding or removing a step and transporting the changes after activating the chain.

When I import the request into QA, the changes are not effective even though the there are no import errors.

In other words, Please let me know how to capture and import process chain changes like removing and adding steps.

Hope the question is clear now. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KS,

normally the changes should be collected if you click the transport connection button and grab the changes into a request - this is the way I have been supposing.

If this doesnt work you can try to assign the chain to a request directly in the transport system. Mark a request e.g. in SE10, then click in the menu 'Include objects...' > 'Freely selected objects' > Radiobutton 'Selected objects' > input type 'R3TR RSPC' with free slection ( * ). Finally, mark the chain you want to assign and press F9 in order to include it.

Please send me a feedback about the transport result with both of these methods.

Thanks + regards,

Balint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guess,you have also tried the option of re-transporting to QA via a new transport request!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guess,you have also tried the option of re-transporting to QA via a new transport request!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to click Ctrl+F9 in the process chain maintenance at the resp. chain? This way you will be navigated to the transport connection and you can check directly what objects are collected.

Regards,

Balint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done the changes directly to the main process chain that you are trying to transport or to a sub(local) chain in the main process chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am transporting only the local chain where I made the changes. The main chain should have no impact and hence I am not doing anything to that.

regds

KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QA --> Tcode RSPC,check the local chain under Nodes not connected / Unassigned Nodes for the local chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no unassigned /not connected nodes in QA. I also verified that the local chain is not repeated in any of the other nodes. However, the orginal chain looks not changed in QA, eventhough the transport is successful. tks.sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the transport log have any errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jereome, sorry for late reply. I was away for a while.

I have checked and there are no transport errors when I checked the import log.

Tks

KS