Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Debugger

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to debug the transfer rule and update ruel,

Please some one send me the steps how do i use the debugger.

PLease guide me steps by steps,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

If you want to debug the TR or else UR routines then, you need to go to the monitor screen and then to the details tab. There you can find the status of the complete load there select the Data Packet and then Right click on the data packet and select the debugging option there, so that it will pop up a window where you need to select the TR debugging or else UR debugging... Such that it will take you to the Debugging screen

Hope these steps will be helpfull...

Regards,

Gattu..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I think a good starting point for yourself if you are brand new would be to use two methods, if you are not able to get your hands on an ABAP handbook.

First do your load to the PSA (try only a minimal amount of records to save confusion) then activate debugging in the update rules, Going off experience this a good place to start over transfer rules as debugging from the PSA to the target you can provide a few handy benefits to you.

1st You can see the data you are starting with clearly in the PSA raw data

2nd You can easily see the end result of what the update rules have done to the raw data by hitting the target icon.

When you are in the debug mode I would recommend using F5 only as this will "execute" one line of program at a time.

At the same time I would use tools like F1 for help and SAP programs via transaction SE38 SAP_HELP_ABAP and/or program SAPABAP_DEMOSTREE try searching for the code that you see in the update rules to work out what is happening in your update rules.

Also try double clicking on items in the update rules that look like filed names you should see what you have double clicked on move to the filed name section and then the value will be dynamic next to that value. You can also apply the same method for a table and see what transformations are occurring in the program.

I hope this helps

SAP runs a handy course I believe its called BC400 which is a good introduction to ABAP if your able to go.

Good Luck

Ben

**Please assign points if you found this helpful**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto RSMO --> Details tab

Context Menu on DataPackage & choose "Simulate" option.

Select debugging in Transfer & Update Rules...

Note : You need to have the data in PSA for debugging.

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks you so much for your response,

my problem is i dont know abap i can understand the abap,

second i didnot use the debugger before,

Please guide me step by step, how do i use the debugger,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at these links,search ABAP development forum for more threads on debugging...

/people/thomas.weiss/blog/2007/05/20/abap-trial-version-for-newbies-part-12-debugging-in-abap

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c6/617ca9e68c11d2b2ab080009b43351/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

For instance, write an endless loop in your update rules or transfer rules, e.g.:

data: w_check type c value ' '.

do.

if w_heck = 'X'.

exit.

endif.

enddo.

Start your InfoPackage and go to Process overview (sm50). Here find your process and debug it (Program/Mode -> Program -> Debugging). In your debug screen set w_check to 'X' and you can continue your routine.

OR if you are on BI 7.0 then you can put a hard break point in your code and have the DTP run in debugging mode , it would stop at break-point statement.