cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount for cash payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to make a discount for cash payments. Can anybody explain me step by step how can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar

To be able to post cash discounts, you must define an account determination for cash discount taken and cash discount granted.

For cash discount taken, choose:

Financial Accounting --> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable --> Business transactions --> Outgoing payments --> Outgoing payments Global Settings --> Define accounts for cash discounts taken

For cash discount granted, choose:

Financial Accounting --> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable --> Business transactions --> Incoming payments --> Payments Receipt Global Settings --> Define accounts for cash discounts granted

You may also want to use payment terms suitable for you business processes to trigger the automatic calculation of cash discount amounts. For this topic, see the SAP library documentation.

<b>Customizing: Discount Documents</b>

A few control parameters must be maintained before the automatic cash discount document generation can function. To access the corresponding maintenance view, in Customizing choose Financial Accounting --> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable --> Business Transactions --> Outgoing Payments --> Outgoing Payments Global Settings --> Configure Automatic Generation of Cash Discount Documents.

The control parameters are defined per company code, original branch, i.e. the branch of the open item to be paid (which may be different from the branch of the payment document) and original document type, i.e. the document type of the open item to be paid.

You can define:

• Branch for the discount document

This branch is used when posting the discount document.

• Document type of the discount document

If no document type is defined the system uses the general document type ‘AB’.

• Posting discount documents with posting date equal to system date

Normally, the posting date and the document date of the discount document are equal to the posting and document date of the payment document which it is posted together with. If this indicator is set, however, the discount document is posted with the system date as posting and document date.

• Posting keys for discount documents

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi