cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database refresh of source system and BW system connection again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently implementing BW-DEV and BW-QAS systems and lot of developments are going on both systems for which source systems are R3-DEV and R3-QAS system. Now as quarterly task we are going to perform database refresh from R3-PRD to R3-QAS. So what are all factors i need to take care while making connectin again from BW-QAS to newly refreshed R3-QAS system.

Please note there is no BW-PRD system yet installed.

<b>Do i need to perform entire configuration again from R3 to BW QAS.</b>

again create all RFC's , what will happen to extraction scenarios developed by developers ?

Normally we should do refresh in parallel for R3 and BW systems ?

Best Regards,

AjitR

Basis Support

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have to make system connections again..

You may wish to check this ink below for more insights

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all , but according to guide ' How To System Copy in SAP Business Intelligence System Landscapes '

section 3.7 explains m scenario ,

that means if my logical system name of QA system is different from PRD system ( where QA is going to get refreshed with PRD data ) then

i need to perform steps mentioned in 3.7 ????

RSBASIDOC

RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT

BDLS

Please confirm the same so that i can proceed with refresh.

Best Regards,

AjitR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chetan,

Appreciate your answer on the same....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct,you are making the relationships betwen the systems and hence the logical naming conventions change.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

former_member206112
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, You don't have to do anything!

that is under the assumption that u all developments made are in the R3 productive system.

There is no need to create or change the RFC connections since the refreshed systems are copied to the same machine.

There is only one thing to make sure is that the basis guys make sure the logical system name of the old QA system is exactly the same as before. if it's not, the basis guys should perform the conversion of the logical system name.

Tomer.