Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are getting so may issues for users <Dummy> authoirzation values for objects from SU53

how can i avoide this

please help me

thanks and Regards,

Kishore

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the search function you will see a number of threads which explain what dummy is and why it occurs.

There are few reasons why we get the dummy, the most common ones I have experienced are 1. it is coded to check against an auth object for an activity but the other field/s are not important for that check (and hence dummy). 2. (most frequently in my experience) the way users enter data into transaction screens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Dummy thing comes when you havent entered any suitable value in the authorisation fields. Suppose in amn auth field which asks for Plant(WERKS) you have enterd something which is not defined as a plant in your system or you have left tht field blank then Dummy is returned when we check for authorisation. In PFCG--->Authorization edit screen all such auth fiels are marked Yellow. When you enter an appropriate vale to the field (like a value which is there in the drop down list) or a * (for all values) this is removed.

Pl award suitably if resolved.

Regards