cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Stand Alone SAProuter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know how to install STAND ALONE SAPROUTER... on windows as well as unix. According you one of experts, prince, and according to note that I have understood so far, I have to have saprouter.exe & niping.exe for windows. and for unix, I am not sure.!!

Can any one help me please?

I appreciate your help!!

I will award points

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Then no problem. lol

Thanks Markus... perfect!!!

0 Kudos

Erm.... 15-30 minutes if you know what you are doing.  I have installed dozens of SAProuters over the past two decades and it is just as easy to gets stumped by this now as it was when I first started,

There are always gotchas - the firewall isn't configured properly for outgoing, the firewall isn't configured properly incoming, you want to make SAProuter a service on the host in which it resides and mess up your registry, the test from SolMan fails, the test from SolMan works but SAP cannot "see" your system, you open a connection for SAP and it shows as open from your side but SAP says it is not reachable, you want to be security minded and overthink/configure your saprouttab file for testing... the list just goes on and one.

All I can say is... Good luck. 

Regards,

Josie

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How long the installation take?

Thanks, lacaze & prince..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How long? depends on your typing speed

15 - 30 minutes.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks markus,

just wanted to confirm that you said, "saprouttab text file created by you".. I dont know what do. do I have to create myself meaning write something in it? Please confirm. also, how long does it usually take to install and configure SAP router?

Thanks a lot Markus,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - you need the saprouter program for your platform and a saprouttab text file created by you. Niping is used to check the connection.

--

Markus