cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI System Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We are planning to refresh the sandbox with Productive system this weekend.

We are on BI7 and ECC 6...First of all I want to know how to know the Patch level and SAP GUI version ...(Am trying to find by System -> status -. componenet info but I cant get that info).Also How to find the whether we are on WAS ABAP / WAS ABAP+JAVA ? Please advice.

Now we have to refresh the sandbox with production. Iam going to follow this notes and documents (I guess these are the latest once):

Note 886102 , 885343 and the Best Practice Doc : "System Landscape copy for SAP NW and My SAP Business Suite".

In the note 886102 we have 6 phases and in the 1st phase I found that 3 types of system copies. A,B and C...As we already have the homogeneous landscape existed (sandbox) and we just wanted to refresh it with Prod and we have only two source systems(R/3) and Flat File is assigned to the Prod , I guess , I need to go for Scenerio B. This will just copy the production BI system to SandBox BI. Am I correct? Or Do I need to go for Scenerio A (as am transporting the Group including flat file source system ) ? I will assign the full points to the correct answer .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may also want to refer this for further clarification

Client Copy / Source system copy

Note 184322 - Procedure after DB copy of BW source systems

Note 886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP BW 2.X, 3.X and NW2004s BI

Note 771209 - NW04: System copy (supplementary note)

Note 89188 - R/3 Source System Copy

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bff13df2-0c01-0010-6ba7-bc50346a...

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Answers (0)