cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM - ability to search by Supplier Name characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have implemented CCM 2.0 with SRM 5.0 (both at the latest support pack levels) and have two issues when searching for products:

1. I have to prefix and suffix search term words with an asterisk for the search to find products I am interested in. Eg. if looking for a product with "cardboard" in the short description, I have to enter: card and it then returns products with card in the description. If I simply enter card and press search, it returns no products. Should I have to enter asterisks around the search term?

2. I cannot currently search by supplier's name. I therefore have tried to amend characteristic /CCM/SUPPLIER_NAME in the procurement catalog. I select the following 2 flags: 'Relevant for Text-Based Search' and 'Can Be Sorted / Is Relevant for Searching in Results' (since these are not set as standard). But when I save these changes I receive error message: "Error when saving characteristic /CCM/SUPPLIER_NAME" and the ticks are automatically removed by the system. Is there any way to be able to set these flags so that I can search for products by supplier name?

Thanks

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the issue with the error: "Error when saving characteristic" solved and if yes what's the solution. I have the same problem in CCM.

Regards,

Paulo Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please provide the CCM support pack version details and meanwhile, please implement the following SAP OSS Note, if applicable:</u>

<b>Note 847952 Searching for items with supplier no. does not work</b>

<b><u>Don't forget to republish the procurement catalogue too, otherwise the changes won't be seen.</u></b>

<u>Related link -></u>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on CCM 2.0 support pack 7 (SAPK-27010INCCM).

The issue really is that we cannot search on supplier NAME. When editing the characteristics, eg, setting /CCM/SUPPLIER_NAME and we set the flag against 'Relevant for Text-Based Search', then press SAVE - the flags are unticked. Even the CCM training doc from the SAP course indicates that the characteristics can be changed.

The catalog is set to 'approved' status. Don't know if this is significant.

The note that you suggest is to do with supplier number. This does not sound relevant at all.

Thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note: 1024002 - error introduced by CCM SP07. Resolves this issue.