cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain: Delta to Cube Fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am using a process chain which has the following sequence: Start>>Delete Data in ODS>>Full load to ODS>>Delta to CUBE

Before running the process chain I manually loaded ODS & did a manual init to Cube. Then tried to run process chain, it fail while loading to cube, with a message that "Check: No successful initialization of the delta update took place". I checked before running the process chain, the schedules has the entry for the init request. I guess when the ODS data is deleted the init entry from the schduler get deleted.

Is it a bug. We are on BI 7.0 sp 13. kindly help

thanks

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK.

Why you want to delete data from ODS..? Are you loding ODS in overwrite or addition mode..?

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas! ODS is overwritten. I delete ODS as full loads each day keep getting accumulated & ODS gets fragmented. This was affecting the reporting performance. Now since I have deleted the old full loads out of ODS, reports run faster. But since I delete ODS, I lose the init request for the cube. Is there a work around, to do delete the full loads out of ODs & still do delta to cubes? Thanks

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do a full load first to the ODS.Then every day you can do a delta to the ODS and then again a delta to the cube..I am doing the same....

Regards,

Senoy Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response! I can do only full loads to ODS as data is extracted using custome extractor. It works fine if I do full loads to ODS then delta to cube everyday, but if I try to delete ODs before doing full load the delta to cube fails with the error saying no successful init, when I check the scheduler, I don't see the init request. any ideas or work arounds???

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the sequence

do full load-->delete the request and after succesfull deletion make the delta to the cube.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chetan, for your response. How can you do selective deletion from the ODS, in a process chain? Could you please be more descriptive. Thanks

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may wish to check below

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=6575016&messageID=3347262

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you following the Old School Method in 7.0 using Infopackages to load data from ODS to Cube ?

Deleting overlapping requests functionality for ODS may not work.