cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Asset Master Cost Center Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to change my cost center on the Asset Master. The field is optional because depreciation can be posted to either an internal order or Cost Center. Depreciation run is failing because of this error. The field is grayed out when entered AS02 transaction.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to use obk9 for the business area for this to post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

The cost center field cant be greyed out in AS02 if it were optional. Pls. verify once again the time dependent data in the screen layout for the asset master data and the relevant layout.

I dont see that Internal order can be set time dependent. Where & how did you configure that?

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked our configuration for the master data layout and both fields are defined as optional. Check under maintaining screen layouts for master data. Both fields are optional due to a business requirement. The asset we are trying to change errored during a depreciation run. Even when I try to add a new time interval, the cost center field is greyed out. Did I have an incorrect setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Have a look in Specify Account assignment types for Account assignment objects. You should have activated this for the Objects for your Co. code for the depn area.

Thanks

Jagdish

Message was edited by:

Jagdish V

Message was edited by:

Jagdish V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I confirmed that the configuration was as you stated. I will continue to review other AM configuration for the screen layout and the other account assignments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Please verify that the cost center field is maintainable on both the main asset and sub asset levels. Check the boxes in the configuration of the applicable screen layout rule for time-dependent data. Make sure that you retry AS02 after you have saved changes in config.

Hope this helps.

Thank,

Chad